Welcome to the Florida Heart Group Vein Center!
Dr. Arias and Dr. Lozano have the expertise, experience, and equipment to treat everything from complex peripheral vascular diseases to superficial spider veins. We offer both laser and radio-frequency (RF) capabilities.
And, because these treatments are conducted by a Florida Heart Group Cardiologist in a licensed Catheterization Lab, you can be sure that treatment options will be offered with your overall cardiovascular health in mind. To further this point, our cardiac cath lab has been open for 15 years (one of the first in the area) with many thousands of cardiac and vascular procedures performed.
Below you will find some of the symptoms and treatment options we offer at the Vein Center: (for a patient information brochure on varicose veins, click HERE)
Symptoms of Venous Disease
1. Tired, Heavy-feeling legs
2. Leg pain from prolonged sitting or standing
3. Swollen ankles at night
4. Varicose or spider veins, especially during or after pregnancy
5. Tingling, numbness, burning or cramping in the legs and feet
6. Discoloration of the skin
7. Open sores or ulcers on lower leg
8. History of family vein problems
1. Compression Hose: Compression hose aid in the treatment of varicose veins by helping to squeeze the blood back out of the legs by means of an upward gradient compression.
2. Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy: Under the guidance of ultrasound a needle is inserted into the greater saphenous vein and a sclerosing solution is injected directly into the diseased vein. This solution irritates the vein wall causing it to collapse and close.
3. Radiofrequency Ablation: Catheter is inserted into vein and advanced to the furthest treatment site. Electrode deployed RF energy is initiated and catheter withdrawn causing the vein to close.
4. Endo Venous Laser Ablation: A catheter is inserted into the greater saphenous vein. A laser fiber is then fed up the catheter and is slowly withdrawn as it fires energy into the vein causing the vein wall to collapse and close.
5. Ambulatory Phlebectomy: After Endo Venous Laser Therapy has closed the greater saphenous vein, the branches of the varicose veins are surgically removed through tiny incisions. The incisions are closed with steri strips, no sutures are required.
TO BE ENTERED INTO OUR DRAWING FOR A FREE SPIDER VEIN TREATMENT, enter your information in the webform below, type "Vein Drawing" in the Comments/Questions box, and then click the Submit Query button.
Contact us using the form below.